Amusement parks on fire & Misty Coast @ Borderline, London 25th November 2017

When i arrive to the borderline in London Last Night, I was trying to find the back door so I can interview the bands, it was a nice venue to go to, to come and see a lot of good people like Robin from the Record label Club AC30 and I have made a few friends along the way. this was the last of the bands UK tour, Last Stop London!!!!
First of was Norway's Misty Coast a band that I've been over the last few months, this is the members out of the megaphonic thrift who have formed the band a year and a half ago. The band has a lot of inspiration from a range of music which I Don't want to go on to much detail, i really enjoyed there set it kinda remind me of a Twin Peaks vibe going on and it's really beautiful to witness it, This didn't end there because Michael Feerick (front man of amusement parks on fire) collaborated with misty coast for a few song and it was amazing to witness this shoegaze/dream pop collaboration. Overall they were brilliant to see live and there album is amazing album to listen too, it's out now on Club AC30.





Last but least was Nottingham's Amusement Parks On fire (who have recently signed to American shoegaze/dream pop label Saint Marie Records), this have been a long time since 2013 that they have toured and this was first time i saw them Live,  I've been into the band for 11 years now since there second album Out of Angels come out. Alongside with Bands Like My Vitriol, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (to some extend) and Silversun Pickups, they were one of the bands that open up the door for me to get much more into a lot of  new generation of shoegaze (nu-gaze) bands yet come. Anyway the set was a hour and a half and that was a exciting set to see live. They have a lot of Raw energy of  and noisy feedback but not as extreme as a My Bloody Valentine set but it was just right for my ears.


Toward the end of there set, misty coast collaborated with band for there final song of the set and it was the bands song CUT TO THE FUTURE STOCK and yes it's very fucking hypnotizing, mesmerizing and exciting that made me gone to a shoegaze heaven which I was so Happy to come along for the ride.

Overall this gig was the best gig of 2017 by far and i was really happy to come and to get to a trance. two amazing bands to see live and one of the best shoegaze night that I've been too.




                                                




Comments

  1. ace review there, yeah, both bands smashed it in Birmingham the night before as well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment